Parthenon Management Group believes that the optimal success of a professional scientific society results from member driven leadership and governance with management and facilitation being provided by professionally trained and experienced staff. Our goal in managing a scientific society is to do our job with the same level of excellence that our members do their work.
We relieve the volunteer member leadership of administrative burdens and enable them to devote their time to strategic thinking and determining the goals and objectives of the society. We then facilitate the work of the society’s committees, who will perform most of the work necessary to achieve those goals. We are proud that we have a demonstrated record of integrity. We have procedures in place that ensure complete transparency and accountability of our work.
The Principals of PMG are well known within the community of neuroscience and psychiatric associations and have established a reputation for excellence in association and meeting management. PMG personnel earned their reputation for high quality service based on their successful management of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). The ACNP is not only highly regarded as the leading scientific society in neuropsychopharmacology, but is also known for its efficient and professional management and for the extraordinarily smooth operation of its annual meeting. It has become a model for other scientific organizations.
PMG’s Core Purpose and Mission Statement
Our mission is to help our clients to achieve theirs.
PMG’s Core Values
PMG staff believes in these Core Values:
- People Come First
- Regarding PMG Clients:
- We will only serve clients when we can commit ourselves to the mission of that client; just as the members are committed to it.
- We will promote our clients’ success first as our success will follow.
- Regarding PMG Staff:
- We develop people. PMG hires and promotes based on those who exhibit three important traits found in PMG’s DNA: Fearless, Tireless & Selfless.
- We will create a work environment that is fun, flexible, and family-friendly and puts our employee’s mental and physical health first.
- Regarding PMG Clients:
- Transparent and Accountable Teamwork: We realize that we cannot achieve the high goals we have set without effective teamwork. Transparency breeds trust and is the foundation of great teamwork. We will hold ourselves accountable through collaborative and open conversations with our staff and our clients.
- Integrity: We will be truthful, honest, and fair in our dealings with members, colleagues, ourselves, and vendors.